What is your Family Drug Policy?
Don’t wait until it is too late to talk to your children about drugs. If you would like us to design a Family Drug Policy and help you enforce its application give us a call. We are often told by parents of teenagers participating in our routine drug screen program that they notice their teen is more accepting of a drug screen program than only being tested they stay out too late, hang with the wrong crowd or get into trouble. The students also admit that being drug tested regularly provides them with “an out” to dismiss peer pressure.
Drug testing your child does not have to be negative. Handled delicately, a child will understand they are being screened for drugs because their parents love them. A teen will be less likely to try drugs for the first time if they know they will be caught. Additionally, a routine drug testing program for your child will eliminate peer pressure.
Statistics on Teenage Drug Use
- Underage drinking costs the United States more than $58 billion every year.
- 40 percent of those who started drinking at age 13 or younger developed alcohol dependence later in life. Ten percent of teens who began drinking after the age of 17 developed dependence.
- Ten percent of teens report that they have attended a rave, and ecstasy and other drugs were available at more than two-thirds of these raves.
- Teens that drink are 50 times more likely to use cocaine than teens who never consume alcohol.
- 63 percent of the youth who drink alcohol say that they initially got the alcohol from their own or their friend’s homes.
- Alcohol kills 6 ½ times more teenagers than all other illicit drugs combined.
- Teenagers whose parents talk to them on a regular basis about the dangers of drug use are 42 percent less likely to use drugs than those whose parents don’t.
- More than 60 percent of teens said that drugs were sold, used, or kept at their school.
- 20 percent of 8th graders report that they have tried marijuana.
- 28 percent of teens know a classmate or friend who has used ecstasy (Teen Substance Abuse).
Read what parents have to say about ANY LAB TEST NOW®
Brenda from Dallas:“I have drug tested my daughter for over a year now. It all started when I found a roach clip in her car, and sure enough she tested positive for marijuana. Since that first drug screen I have noticed the group of friends she hangs out with most has changed. I think it is because she has more in common with these new kids since they do not use drugs.”
Joe from Frisco:“I made a lot of mistakes my junior year in high school. ANY LAB TEST NOW gave me the opportunity to earn trust back with my parents.”
Sarah from Plano:“The drug collector at ANY LAB TEST NOW helped me choose the right drug screen for my needs. She made the whole process easy and pleasant. I recommend ANY LAB TEST NOW® to anyone needing a drug screen.”
Joy from Dallas:“After calling practically every drug testing lab in Dallas ANY LAB TEST NOW saved me a bundle and had my results in only 10 minutes.”